CURRENT

Front - Hospital Front of hospital Entrance 15th st

Fredonia Regional Hospital is located in Fredonia, Kansas and provides a broad range of modern healthcare services. Being a 25 bed Critical Access Facility (CAH) that employs over 100 people with competitive wages, strong leadership, 24/7 nursing and provides the highest quality patient care, makes FRH a great place for employees AND patients. Services at FRH include medical, surgical, emergency, Physical Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Home Health, and Outpatient Services. Along with the excellent services, FRH provides superior educational opportunities including Advanced Cardiology Life Support (ACLS), trauma certification, pre-hospital life support and advanced pediatric life support. EMS services are hospital based with affiliation to Eagle Med Transport and Life Team. Since 1998 FRH has leased the 2nd floor of the hospital to Quality Health Care, under the name “The Sanctuary”, which makes use of the space to operate a 9-bed Geriatric-Pysch Unit.

 …………………………………………………………………….

Fredonia Regional Hospital is a family centered healthcare organization that is committed to the health and well being of the community we serve as well as being passionate towards providing outstanding healthcare to every patient, every time. We Care!!

HISTORY

Front - Old Hospital

Fredonia Regional Hospital was dedicated in 1950 in Fredonia, Kansas as St. Margaret’s Mercy Hospital, thanks to the vision of a Fredonia resident and attorney R.W. McGrath. Although he was unable to realize his dream of building a hospital in Fredonia during his lifetime, McGrath helped the cause along by leaving a large share of his estate, including his home and the surrounding land to the Sisters of Mercy. He stipulated that the bequest be used to build a hospital, and he asked that it be named after his wife Margaret. The hospital opened its doors for business on June 19, 1950 with 20 employees and the first baby being delivered only 3 days after opening.

 …………………………………………………………………..

In 1985, the Sisters of Mercy turned control of the hospital over to then mayor and the city commission to work through the great difficulties the hospital was facing and plan for its future. After overwhelming support from the community and a one-cent sales tax, which more than 90 percent of the citizens voted yes for, the hospital then became Fredonia Regional Hospital. Great staff, community support and dedication have proved in the past to make FRH a success for the community and with that continual achievement for the future to come. With healthcare quickly advancing into a new age, FRH saw an opportunity to once again create great healthcare benefits and opportunities through expansion and renovation.

……………………………………………………………………….

In October 2008, FRH underwent a grand opening for a multi-phase project that included a new 24,800 square foot hospital expansion. Long corridors link the old facility with new additions, physicians and their clinics with hands-on patient care, and faster healthcare delivery with modern techniques. Expansion into the new addition was inducted with a commemoration and celebration allowing the public to see for themselves what healthcare looked like in the new wing. ER, nursing wing, Diagnostic Imaging, and a dedicated courtyard fill up the modern facility making it one comparable to a larger city healthcare facility. The future of medicine in rural America will depend on the ability to provide the right healthcare in a timely manner. Healthcare focuses on reducing human suffering and enhancing quality of life; exactly what FRH plans to invest in the future of healthcare for the town of Fredonia and all surrounding communities relying on FRH.